New Minerals and Waste Local Plan
Work is currently underway on an updated Minerals and Waste Local Plan (MWLP) within Berkshire. Bracknell Forest Council, Wokingham Borough Council, Reading Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (collectively referred to as ‘Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities’) are working together to produce a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision-making in the area.
The Joint Minerals and Waste Plan will build on previous minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area. It will set out a new vision and replace the current policies and provide details of strategic sites that will deliver the vision.
What’s the timetable?
It is expected that the Joint Minerals and Waste Local Plan will be completed (‘adopted’) in winter 2020. Our Local Development Scheme (LDS) shows more information on the timetable.
A number of formal consultations will take place throughout the MWLP. The plan is being undertaken by Hampshire County Council on behalf of the Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities and all consultations will be coordinated by them.
Public consultations will be held as follows:
- Datchet Village Hall, 3 Allen Way, Datchet, SL3 9HR – Tuesday 4 September from 3.30pm to 7.30pm
- St Peter’s Church, 4 Bath Road Knowl Hill, Reading, RG10 9XB – Tuesday 4 September from 4pm to 8pm
- Desborough Theatre (Town Hall), Park St, Maidenhead SL6 1RF – Thursday 6 September from 3.30pm to 7.30pm
- Reading Borough Council (Civic Offices), Bridge Street, Reading, RG1 2LU – Thursday 6 September from 3pm to 7pm
- Three Mile Cross Church Centre Basingstoke Rd, Three Mile Cross, RG7 1HF – Monday 10 September from 4.30pm to 8pm
- St. Mary’s Winkfield, 5 Church Lane, Ascot, SL5 9DP – Tuesday 11 September from 3pm to 7pm
- Arborfield Green Community Centre, Sheerlands Road, Arborfield, RG2 9ND – Wednesday 19 September from 4pm to 8pm
For more information see the attached pdf.